BRIDGE: Bridging integration gap of long-settled migrants through Language and Culture Animation
Number of project: 612199-EPP-1-2019-1-IT-EPPKA3-IPI-SOC-IN
Support programme: ERASMUS+ – KA3 – Support of political reform – social inclusion through education, training and youth.
The BRIDGE project aims to integrate migrants who permanently reside in Europe: women and men who live in our cities and suburbs, who have children in our schools and who need to communicate in the most common situations of everyday life but they can’t do it because they don’t speak our language and have become “invisible” to the receiving system. To support your integration process through language clubs, BRIDGE will create a new professional figure, the “Language & Culture Animateur”, an innovative set of skills that combines:
- Language teaching skills
- Typical skills of social animators and intercultural mediators
- Xano Channel – SPAIN – https://xano.es
- Consorzio Abn A & B Network Sociale Soc. Coop. Sociale – ITALY – https://www.consorzioabn.it/
- Cukurova University – TURQUIA https://www.cu.edu.tr/
- Folksuniversitetet – SUECIA https://www.folkuniversitetet.se/
- Wandsworth Borough Council – UK https://www.wandsworth.gov.uk/
The “Language & Culture Animateur” at BRIDGE brings to life an informal language learning space, making it the center of learning and activities for people who need to learn the language of their country. • The Animator creates a positive and informal environment where people feel understood and supported in their needs; • The Animator learns about cultures and origins and adapts to students and groups; • The Animator teaches language and communication based on the students and their daily communication needs; • The Animator organizes sessions in a flexible way and guides students to express themselves in the group and in the community.
An informal learning space where BRIDGE Language & Culture Animateurs can organize language sessions for migrants, especially long-established migrants who still need to learn the national language, to help manage daily life and communication. It is a space where:
- People from different countries, origins, cultures, religions, life experiences, interests and needs feel comfortable to come and stay;
- Students find a welcoming and positive environment;
- It is possible and easy for students to join the sessions;
- Learning begins from the students’ daily communication needs;
- Students participate at their own pace and always feel supported.
Our role: partner.
Project website: https://www.bridgemigrants.eu/
Tags:#euproject #bridge2eu #bridgeforintegration #languagebridge #bridgeproject #bridgerasmusproject #europeancommission #europeanproject